Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Blacksmith

Have you ever paused one day and immersed yourself in memory? Perhaps you were watering the cheerful flowerbeds in your garden. Perhaps you were shooting hoops in the park. Perhaps you were walking your dog through the neighborhood. Have you stopped suddenly and thought about everything that time has taken from you? I find myself doing that more often than not. There are a lot of things that I should have done, should have said. That got me thinking. Is it worse when you say something you wish you hadn't or when you don't say something and end up wishing you had? And then, in the dead of night, those 'What If?' moments come back in to haunt me.

If you had the chance to go back in time and alter a specific incident, would you? After a lot of thought, I realized I wouldn't. Every second of agony is experienced for a reason. Every hardship is occurs for some purpose. The pain of our pasts has shaped all of us. It is the well-known blacksmith. We may not understand it but I feel that it does us good.
This is me being thankful for everything, the good and the bad. The process of self-discovery is heartrending but enlightening. I hope to see you on the other side of the tunnel with a bright smile on your tired face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letter From an Old Poet

 I Day two thousand  one hundred and ninety-one. Our little blue marble has made one modest revolution  around our honey-sweet sun  si...