Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Jane


Pane of glass, the transparent adversary
forbidding my flight but letting me see.
Rain has made its home
in this little town.
Darkness has become an ally
as it is always around.
Bedlam below, toilsome to ignore
but within me, chaos galore.
Tales of a thousand times
legends of a million lands
swim before my eyes,
drenching the strands.
His absence is where eyes look.
In it, everything fate took.

Wind, carry me to the moon.
Oh, how beautiful she is tonight.
She hardly loses luster,
her faraway form is shining bright.
Let me pace on her cotton candy,
reside within the meteor shower
paint careful lines to join celestial bodies
then ballet a high altitude
to see what the bird of night sees.

I'll leave no paper trail.
Let us finally set sail.
In the midst of the frigid deluge
and abundant darkness of this night,
take me to your palace, in the silver lining.
Allow my mind to omit what is right.
Take me to the place of dreams
before I'm ripped at the seams.

Shadow, come reap rubble and debris,
thieve all remnants of me.
Allow my feet to caress sand
of Neverland.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letter From an Old Poet

 I Day two thousand  one hundred and ninety-one. Our little blue marble has made one modest revolution  around our honey-sweet sun  si...